Workplace Injuries FAQ

Common Questions About Workplace Accidents in Queens

Get answers from a highly qualified workplace accident attorney in Queens.

People are injured while on the job every day. Some jobs are high risk, such as construction, but injuries can take place in offices, while driving, warehouses, any in many other types of employment. Once injured, it can be confusing to know what to do. Our firm, the Law Offices of Gary E. Rosenberg, P.C., has put together some answers to common questions for those who have suffered workplace accidents. For specifics, call our firm so we can help you get your benefits, or to seek compensation from third parties who may hold liability.

What do I do if I was injured at work?

As an employee, you have the right to workers' compensation benefits if you were injured while performing your work duties. Although this system was put in place to protect both employers and workers, it can be more difficult than expected to get benefits. Claims are denied or challenged, and the injured person could suffer many problems if the benefits are not paid within a reasonable period of time. That's when it is vital that you get an attorney to help you resolve the problem.

What do I do if my workers' compensation claim has been denied?

There are many claims that are denied, and employers can go to great lengths to prove that your injuries are not as serious as you claim, or that the injury did not take place at work. In these cases, an appeal can be filed. There is limited time in which to file an appeal, and it is important that you have legal help for this process. At our firm, we have a great deal of experience in dealing with the workers' compensation system, and in filing appeals. We should review your case and advise you, as early as possible after discovering that you have been denied benefits.

When can I file a claim?

If you have been injured and out of work for more than 7 days, you have the right to file a claim. If you were injured, and now have returned to work but are in a lower paying job due to your injuries, you can file a claim for a reduced earnings award.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

The first step is to inform your employer, and to seek medical treatment. The heath care provider must be authorized, unless you suffered an emergency and the injuries must be addressed at the nearest hospital emergency ward. If you were injured less seriously, but must get treatment, you may be required to get your treatment from the health care provider authorized by your employer.

Contact our firm at once if you were seriously injured at work. We will professionally manage every detail of your workers' compensation claim. If there was any third party liability, we can file a claim against that party (such as equipment manufacturer or subcontractor) to pursue more compensation from the liable party or parties.

Contact Us

Request Your Free Consultation

Our Queens personal injury attorney has been representing and protecting the rights of the injured for more than 30 years. We have successfully handled countless cases related to various areas of personal injury and we would be proud to maximize your compensation next.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter a message.