Car Accident FAQ

Car Accidents in Queens: Common Questions

Queens Car Accident Attorney

At our firm, the Law Offices of Gary E. Rosenberg, P.C., we have compiled some of the most common questions about car accidents, and how to protect your right to full compensation if you are injured in an accident. We can also answer your specific questions in a free case evaluation. Read some of the common questions and answers, and call or email us about your individual case.

How much can I get in a settlement?

This question is one of the most common we hear. There is literally no way to give you an accurate settlement amount without fully reviewing your case. There are several parts to a personal injury claim. A person who is the victim of negligence can pursue more than one form of damages. There are economic damages and non-economic damages.

The economic damages are costs that you incurred such as medical bills, ambulance bills, rehabilitation, transportation, medications and so on. The non-economic damages are more personal – the pain and suffering emotional anguish and loss of quality of life are all non-economic damages. In some cases, punitive damages can be pursued (damages that punish the responsible party). This form of damages has a very high burden of proof, and is less common. They are only permitted when the defendant (party responsible) can be proven to have engaged in wrongdoing and wanton dishonesty, intentional misconduct and so on. Find out how much your case is worth by contacting us.

How do I file a claim after an injury?

After an injury, if liability is clear, the insurance company may contact you. You will be discussing your case and your injuries with an insurance adjuster. You will likely be asked to allow the insurance company access to your medical records. There are real problems with dealing directly with an insurance company, the most significant of which is that insurance companies try to reduce the value of claims, and have various ways of doing so, including looking through your medical records.

If you have had an injury in the past that shows in your medical records, it could be claimed that the accident merely exacerbated an existing injury, and that your compensation should be less. It is always advised that you have an attorney managing a case of serious injury, or an injury that caused you to miss some period of work, or that will require a long period of recovery.

What if I was offered a settlement?

Get an attorney to review it so you are not being ripped off by the insurance company.

What if my claim was denied?

Talk to a lawyer. There is an appeals process, and if your claim is valid, the insurance company can be forced to pay you, and may even be required to pay your legal fees.

Contact us to get your specific questions answered. We have an online case evaluation form to assist you.

Contact Us

Request Your Free Consultation

Our Queens personal injury attorney has been representing and protecting the rights of the injured for more than 30 years. We have successfully handled countless cases related to various areas of personal injury and we would be proud to maximize your compensation next.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter a message.